cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

How to Check Full Fibre Rollout?

My area currently has fibre to the street cabinets completed and I have fibre broadband. However, this is still pretty slow and with so many things running off the internet now, such as TVs, etc. I find my need for speed is greater.

However, I cannot find anywhere to check when BT will complete full fibre installations here. Can anyone tell me where I can check the rollout schedule for fibre to the premises for my street?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: How to Check Full Fibre Rollout?

you can only check with openreach

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Thanks but I had found that and all it does is check what is available for your home and not when the full fibre broadband will become available.

I had signed up for updates many years ago and these are now either extremely infrquent or have stopped altogether. I cannot remember when I last received one.

And all I want is simply an indication of where we are in a rollout. Not all the other various paraphenalia that used to be sent relating to broadband rollouts.

If this is all the info that is publicly available, it really is inadequate.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

BT have no more information on Openreach plans , than the likes of Sky or Talk Talk , in that they are all simply users of Openreach networks , if the publicity OR provide for their FTTP rollout plans isn’t as comprehensive as you would like , it’s not really something BT can do anything about, all you can do is enquire with Openreach 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

I wouldn’t rely on that Openreach Checker.

I know of Exchanges that are showing in Build Status but in reality they aren’t. They never even started, they were supposed to start in April this year but because of overspend last financial year as well as budge cuts the builds were put on hold until at least next April.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

@somhairle 

Have you tried the map on this page?

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

I don't know how good/accurate it is: for my exchange it just says "Sometime in the future" !

Message 7 of 23

Thanks. That looks quite accurate to me as they have been cabling our road and it says working my area (which is true) but not yet available and they cannot say when.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

@somhairle 

The Openreach roll-out page has the following information in the first paragraph.

We’re committed to building the best digital future for the UK, so we’ve announced an ambitious plan to deliver Ultrafast full fibre Broadband to 25 million homes and businesses by December 2026, if the right investment conditions are in place.

However, if the right investment conditions are in place makes it pretty meaningless timescale-wise.

Message 9 of 23

That Map isn’t 100% accurate. As per my comment I know of at least 2/3 Exchanges that show in ‘Build’ Phase but in reality they haven’t been touched, they don’t even have Spine to them.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

@36ULW 

"That Map isn’t 100% accurate. As per my comment I know of at least 2/3 Exchanges that show in ‘Build’ Phase but in reality they haven’t been touched, they don’t even have Spine to them."

In my area, it could be said that it saying "Sometime in the future" is actually very accurate - even if it isn't at all helpful!

😉

0 Ratings