cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How to Connect SM 2 to FTTP ONT

Go to solution

Good afternoon all, when FTTP arrives the Question is ? Do I connect via. the Grey "Broadband" Port or via the Yellow  Port 4 at the back of the SM 2 by means of a CAT 6 Cable, if we have to use Port 4 is the SM 2 self-configuration as a WAN Port, best regards to all Taff

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to Connect SM 2 to FTTP ONT

Go to solution

By SM2 I presume you mean SH2, in which case you connect port 4 to the ONT with an Ethernet cable.

Port 4 needs to be configured manually as a WAN port by setting the FTTP mode to 'On' in advanced settings > broadband

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for the response I understand now (as a non-technical Taff !), we use port 4 and switch Full Fibre to "on" in the Hub Manager, and with a bit of luck all the street lights go down, Best regards to All

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Having lost port 4 as it is now the WAN, I presume that the "Broadband" Grey port can be used as a normal Broadband Port Thanks to all Taff
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

If you get FTTP and use ethernet port 4 to connect to ONT then you can only use the remaining 3 yellow Ethernet ports for broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

There are 4 Ethernet [prts on the router, you lose 1 to the WAN so you will have 3. If you need more switches are very cheap these days 

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

The grey port can only be used as a DSL port, i.e with a copper connection