cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: How to use digital voice via third party router

Go to solution

Sorry but I do not realise why anyone who wishes to use a third party router (which I fully understand and agree with) would be so stupid as to use BT Digital Voice which forces you to use the Smarthub.

To do so you have to use a workaround, what's the point of that? Why not just port your BT number to a third party VOiP provider and put the BT hub in a cupboard until they want it back?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

Go to solution

The work around is not really that difficult with the BT SH2 in front of my Draytek 2962 and from what I've researched   the third party VOIP solutions all cost more. With BT it is a single point of contact and no finger pointing which is inevitably what happens when you have a mix of providers.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

Go to solution
Go go to BT, I pay for 700 minutes, and that's it. no faff.

no dealing with sipgate stopping there basic teir, not hopping from providers as one hikes the prices, no trying to configure ata adaptors to have a proper UK dial tone etc etc - I've been down that route and it's a a pita.

BUT alas, it looks asif bt are forcing me down that route. the SH2 is **bleep**, even extremely basic tasks like reserving IP addresses in a DHCP server it finds difficult - certainly no hope of running an openVPN server of it.

BT if you are reading - offer a basic ethernet based ata adaptor - please. I am asking you to give you money - just give me the option.
0 Ratings