cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Hybrid connect kick in when line is fine?

Has anyone come across issues with the Hybrid Connect kicking in when the line is perfectly fine? The device is brand new but after internet dropping persistently, latest Openreach engineer tells me the line was fine when the Hybrid operated.  Didn’t think this was possible to trigger itself? Also, always seems off for 17mins which seems odd

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Rogue Hybrid connect

Has anyone experienced the hybrid connect (Halo3+ SH2) kicking in, yet the line is ok. Engineer told me this is possible which seems odd. Hub log says service is dropping, which it feels like it is as internet disrupted but engineer says the line was ok at the time.  Wondered if this means the BT equipment has gone rogue - else Openreach are not taking responsibility for faulty infrastructure. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: Rogue Hybrid connect

Do you have FTTC or FTTP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Re: Hybrid connect kick in when line is fine?

Hi @ALIWALIWOO welcome to the community and thanks for posting, it should only activate when your Smart Hub 2 loses connection to the internet. If your internet is dropping then that would explain why Hybrid connect has switched on to keep you connected. 

When your internet drops do the lights on your Smart Hub 2 change colour?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Re: Hybrid connect kick in when line is fine?

I agree. However openreach tell me the line is fine.  My hub says not. BT can also see it drop. Not sure how I can move forward issue with infrastructure as openreach deny any issue. 

any idea how to escalate within openreach? - 5th engineer now booked and have also had 2 internal engineers - it’s very obvious the infrastructure is the issue but openreach don’t want to pay to repair it. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

FFTC. 4 engineers have been out - each day they have checked exchange to cabinet, then cabinet to house. Some minor joints fixed over these visits - reference made to a section that isn’t ducted where copper goes to aluminium. I get impressed this is the issue and openreach not willing to fix this section as too tricky/costly.  

latest engineer said it’s the hybrid connect and that the line was fine when it kicked in - his suggestion was to switch if off, leaving me no back up. No surprise it’s still dropping.

I can’t see an end to this as BT and openreach won’t talk to each other and blame each other. Meantime, 5th engineer has been booked 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi @ALIWALIWOO we've merged both your threads into one as it will make this easier for the community to follow. I'm really sorry the disconnections have continued and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this is causing. If the FTTC broadband is dropping the Hybrid connect is doing exactly what it is meant to and kicks in to provide a mobile broadband whilst it is down. 

If BT can see the disconnections when doing diagnostic checks then so can Openreach, I'm sorry they have told you there is no issue and agree that after so many engineer visits this will need to be escalated with them.

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to guide you to a resolution.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Thanks Neil.

I am now also dealing with BT executive complaints team - they however tell me another engineer is all they can do. I would have thought as my service provider BT have some way to escalate to management in openreach. Else I will never get resolution. BT can clearly see the issue but aren’t able to help it seems?

if you have any ideas how to get someone in openreach to take this seriously please let me know. So far, the complaint team have shared a chart showing what I already know and asked me to take up with the engineer next time - not good 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Hi @ALIWALIWOO the executive complaints team are the highest level of escalation you can go to within BT. They will be able to follow Openreach's escalation process to raise this higher. Even when it's escalated with Openreach it will still need an engineer visit to diagnose and resolve the problem.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Thanks Neil. I’ve not been too impressed with exec complaints as they keep promising to call, then diarise it on. They were supposed to ring me yesterday and didn’t, but moved it on to 4/9. Appreciate your comments and let’s hope they finally support to resolve, else I guess I will need letter of deadlock . Cheers

0 Ratings