cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Hybrid connect not working

I'm not sure if anyone can help on this but I have really lost patience with BT and I don't know what I can do because I cannot get anyone to give me a straight answer. To cut a very long story short, my Hybrid connect stopped working in early December. I spoke to numerous people and eventually they sent a new Hybrid connect unit and also a new Smart hub. Nothing worked. Eventually after speaking to over 15 different people and explaining everything again (why can't a single point of contact own the problem?) my complaint was eventually passed to Technical Management Centre and at last progress I thought would be made.

They told me this was a known problem affecting a number of customers and they were discussing a solution with EE. They then came back and said work needed to be done on the 4g mast in the area and this would be completed in March. Since then nothing. When I look at the complaint online they schedule me down for a call each week but nothing happens and they put it back to the following week where again they don't call me with an update. I cannot call the TMC direct and if I call customer services they won't transfer me through to them. 

The bottom line is I am paying for a service BT can't provide and I am really frustrated  with the lack of communication. What can I realistically do to get someone to resolve this issue or at least talk to me? As for compensation, I'm told they won't discuss this until the problem is resolved but that could be months away. Why should I continue to pay for something I can't get?

Anyway help/suggestions would be gratefully received.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Hybrid connect not working

have you actually lost your broadband connection or connection is working ok but should you have a drop in connection then hybrid not providing service?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

No, broadband is working fine. Hybrid connect is flashing red and will not connect if broadband goes down. As I said, this is a known problem affecting a number of customers  which they are struggling to find a solution.

My criticism of BT is a lack of communication and the fact that I am paying for a service which BT cannot provide.

It's now almost 5 months and I despair because no one will tell me anything.

There really should be  a single point of contact owning the problem. As it is, every time I call I have to explain everything over again which is annoying.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Is there anyone who can offer some constructive advice as how to proceed with this?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I'll flag your problem to the mods, hopefully they will be able to assist.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Many thanks. Much appreciated

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Graham71 I'm sorry you're Hybrid connect is not working and you've been unable to make any progress getting this resolved with the helpdesk. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to chase this up.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Many thanks Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I have exactly the same problem the Hybrid connect has just stopped working and unable to get a 4G signal (Flashing RED).

I'm paying for a service that Bt cannot provide, which I will formally complain about, have you managed to get anywhere with your complaint?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Well after 6 months, BT have finally admitted they have no solution and Hybrid connect will not work.  So I will be getting a reduction on my bill.

0 Ratings