I have a BT smart hub 2 and have been unable to connect to the Internet for 3 days now after have no prior issues. I have tried connecting to my wifi on multiple devices but it always gives the message "Connected with no internet". No matter what I do the router always has a solid orange ring.
What I have tried so far (and hasn't worked):
- Turning the router off several times and waiting for various lengths of time before turning it back on (30 seconds, 5 minutes, 1 hour).
- Turning the power source off at the wall and unplugging it.
- Unplugging the broadband cable.
- A hard reset (no change).
- Using the test socket (resulting in absolutely no difference when compared to using the main socket).
- Resetting/rebooting the router through BT's website (twice).
- Resetting the router through the BT app (it couldn't do it).
- Connecting a laptop using an ethernet cable (again, there was no difference).
- Trying to open the hub manager using 192.168.1.254 (the web page does not load on any device even when using an ethernet cable so I cannot try changing channels or anything else via the hub as an admin).
I feel like I have tried almost everything and nothing works. As far as I'm aware there has been no reported outages in my area and the only thing that I can think to try now is replacing the router entirely (although I don't really have the money to buy a new one). I have not tried calling BT but I'm not sure what else they could do at this point.
Does anyone have any advise/anything else that I could try?
Do you pay for a landline phone service and if you do , is the phone connected to the master socket or the router ?, if it’s a non DV phone service, so plugs into the master socket, have you checked for dial -tone , and if you have dial-tone, call 17070 , is the correct number read back ?
Generally a solid orange light on the router , is there is a connection but no internet access , this can be an account issue , in other words your ISP ( either deliberately in the case of billing issues , or by mistake if the account isn’t in any way delinquent )
You need to call , if the correct number is read back , perhaps something has gone wrong with your payment or a mistake has been made by BT , FYI , if you get dialtone and 17070 reports a different phone number to the one you would expect, your line is ‘crossed’ with someone else’s line , and if they are not a ‘BT’ customer , your BT probably router wouldn’t sync up with the other ISP servers, in that case report a fault .
Thanks for the advise but I do not have a landline phone and my last payment to BT for my internet went through just fine (I pay bill through direct debit).
Hi @PaperCann welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your broadband. It sounds like you've done all you can and more tests will need to be completed by BT to try and figure this out.
I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team, due to the bank holiday weekend we are quite busy at the moment so if you need to get this looked at urgently it may be best to contact the helpdesk.