cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

I want Fibre 900, I want to keep my phone line, order form says I will lose phone line.

I did try the live chat to resolve this but not available,

I want to order Fibre 900 as it is showing as available. If I use the "Help me choose" I get the option of Broadband Customer or not a BT Customer.  I have one phone line with BT, but this is not an option. I want to keep the phone line and number, and get Fibre 900 so does anyone know if i will lose my phone line as the form says?

I know the FAQs on this forum say i will not lose my landline and it will not be affected but is there an option to say yes I want a phone line with the Fibre900 then port my BT phone number? I must not lose the number as i have had it for over 20 years!

Thanks in advance...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: I want Fibre 900, I want to keep my phone line, order form says I will lose phone line.

If FTTP  is available then try FTTP TEAM  and see if they can help you  are you having to move to digital voice? 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Re: I want Fibre 900, I want to keep my phone line, order form says I will lose phone line.

Thank you for this, there is no need at the moment to move to digital voice and hopefully there will be no interruption to the PSTN already installed. I will call that number tomorrow as I guess they are not there now! But there is this dire warning  as shown below:

"Broadband without a landline: important information about your package

• If you have a home phone number, you’ll lose it by placing an order for broadband without a landline service. This service does not include a home phone.
  • There will be no dial tone and you won’t be able to make or receive calls, including emergency calls, on your home phone. To dial the emergency services you’ll need to use a mobile phone.
  • Any services and personal alarms which are connected to your home phone service will stop working and you’ll lose your existing home phone number.
  • You won’t be able to get your home phone number back again and will be allocated a new number if you later decide to move back to a broadband with landline phone service."

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@simonster Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

You can keep your number and upgrade to Fibre 900, you can toggle on or off the option to have a landline or not at the top of the order webpage. As you already have a line with BT you need to log in to MyBT using this link, you'll be able to place an order for Fibre 900 with the option to keep your number. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings