cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

If I change from Hybrid Connect FTTP package to Halo 3 FTTP package, so I have to send it back?

Go to solution

Hiya.

I'm currently on a FTTP 300mbps package and pay £7.55/mo for Hybrid Connect in case of any drop outs.

The BT website is currently offering "Full Fibre 900 Halo 3" for a couple of pounds more than I'm paying for my current package but I note in the description it says "Keep connected promise. Stay connected through any broadband issues. Just let us know, and we'll send you a 4G Mini Hub."

Does this mean I would have to wait for something to break, then BT would post out the Hybrid Connect device, and I'd post it back afterwards? I'm just used to having the 4G thinger here ready, connected, and waiting for disaster.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: If I change from Hybrid Connect FTTP package to Halo 3 FTTP package, so I have to send it back?

Go to solution

AFAIK,  one of the differences between Halo3 and Halo3+ is the Hybrid Connect is included on 3+ so as you suggest , with the more expensive 3+ if a FTTP fail is observed the Hybrid Connection kicks in automatically , whereas with Halo 3 the 4G mobile Hybrid equipment is sent out when a fault is reported and you send it back when repaired.

Anecdotally , it seems getting an exit from Halo 3+ ( once you have it ) is difficult to do .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: If I change from Hybrid Connect FTTP package to Halo 3 FTTP package, so I have to send it back?

Go to solution

As fibre is infinitely more reliable than copper, both Halo3 and Halo3+ are a waste of money in my opinion.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I wouldn't be without the Hybrid Connect feature. It was priceless during the pandemic when a neighbour's tree tree wore through the old cable causing a noisy line and the wired connection to fail. It was fixed after BT cut some branches down, after their third visit, and replaced the line.

I'm on FTTP now and the Hybrid Connect feature hasn't kicked in apart from the first day when I unplugged everything ready for the new fibre line being run. But I'd rather pay £7/mo just in case.

I'll stick with my current package as all works fine and there are only two of us here so 300mb is fine.

0 Ratings