cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Inconsistent broadband speeds

the connection uptime was only 10 hrs was that due to hub dropping connection or manual reset.  the stats from your hub look good and in line with expected from dslchecker

do you have SKYQ?  if so change your 5ghz channel on hub to something other than 36 as that is used by SKYQ

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 16

Hi,

No just when requested. Now I know they are there I can take logs when the speed is slow and post the results.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

That would have been me playing around with hardwired connection and moving router location.

I'll take another log when the speed is slow.

Thanks

No skyq
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

I don't think problem is your connection speed as your noise margin is 3.3db suggesting good stable line and G.INP active.  It sounds more like your download speed and possible congestion but if so surprised does not affect neighbours.

are you using wifi or ethernet connections?  slow on both or just wifi?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 16

I'm normally using WiFi but tried ethernet and was also slow. I'll run the above next time it's slow, hopefully will show something more to go on.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

any speed tests on btspeedtester or fast.com need to be with ethernet connection direct to hub ( no powerline adapter) not wifi as wifi to susceptible to interference

0 Ratings