cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Incorrect status on FTTP order - work not complete?

Hi

I placed an order for Full Fibre 500 / FTTP and understand there are a couple of stages e.g.:

1. Engineer runs fibre upto outside of my house and fits box on a wall
2. Engineer visits to fit ONT inside my house, connect to router and check all working

An openreach engineer turned up on a weekend to run fibre to the outside of my property and failed due to a blockage. A dig team has been out and sorted that, but they didn't run any fibre. They've left a blue rope hanging out of the duct going under the pavement from the front of my property.

The first stage for "work external to property" on my order is showing as complete on June 6th, but I don't think it is because there is still no fibre upto the outside of my property.

My next engineer appointment is for 1st July to install the broadband, is that engineer going to be able to run fibre outside or will he not be able to complete the job?

I've tried calling multiple times but you are always "too busy".

If there is someone from BT here that can check this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incorrect status on FTTP order - work not complete?

please delete your order number for your security as this a public forum

are you phoning FTTP TEAM 08005874787?   if you get diverted to CS then just hang up and try later as FTTP busy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

There's nothing secret about the order number by itself, but I've removed it thanks.

Yeah that's the number I'm using, its always "We are currently very busy"
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

2 stage installs on underground feeds are when the existing duct cannot be verified as serviceable , they don’t want to give a contractual date ( in case the duct isn’t serviceable ) , once the duct is cleared , and in your case a draw rope installed, then it effectively is now a single stage install , so the same engineer that will install the ONT and internal cable can also install the external cable using the now cleared duct and draw rope….I dare say he or she would have preferred that a cable in place rather than a draw rope but it shouldn’t affect your installation, just a little more work for the installer, they don’t employ engineers that only do ‘internal’ , so the person that turns up should have everything needed for your install

0 Ratings