cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

openreach database incorrect for my address

Hi there

I have a working BT digital voice and FTTC service and am approaching end of current contract in August. 

When I approach other providers I am told that my address is not registered on openreach database as having a working phone line. They cannot setup a transfer due to this.

I could start a new line install request and pay more, but I hope to get the open reach database corrected first. 

The openreach 0800 number just gives web site addresses - impossible to speak to a human. help !

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: openreach database incorrect for my address

Does your address on your BT account agree exactly with the one on royal mail database?  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

There was a difference - one part was repeated in BT accounts database !

I have now got the details corrected - will check my account tomorrow and see if I can confirm the change.

How quickly will other providers see the update in openreach ? is it replicated monthly ?

Many thanks for the key to the mystery 😉

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The change to your BT account will not update the openreach database. Once you have confirmed your account now  agrees with royal mail database then post back and we can see if mods will raise and ORDI with openreach to update your details

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi there 

I checked my BT account and the address details now match Royal Mail - it was almost instantly updated

please let me know the steps I need to do to help raise the OSDI you mention 

many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I have asked forum mods to help you and they will post here

Message 7 of 7

Hi, @bjc22940 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to help with that.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings