cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Install Tomorrow - Master Socket Question

Go to solution

Have my fibre 250 install tomorrow AM between 7 and 9, had the reminder email, and it suggested the engineer would upgrade the master socket and put it in the best place for me.

Is that right?  I want the socket moved anyway, as it’s coming in on a bedroom on the 1st floor, and my preference would be for it to come in on the ground floor, same wall/side of the house. (House used to have two lines, now it’s just one)

Would that be covered, or do I still need to progress with a master socket move after the install of my fibre 250

I have the latest master socket, so guessing it’s going to be the latter?

Ta!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Install Tomorrow - Master Socket Question

Go to solution

With FTTP the existing socket is not involved. The engineer will site the ONT (the Optical Network Termination) where you wish, within reason. 
You will need a mains power supply to power the ONT and the Smart Hub ie two sockets. 
The engineer may need to route cable down the outside of the property  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Ta! Sorry, forgot to say that it’s FTTC, (g fast) moving from sky 😉

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Then you can ask the engineer if he will move it, most are pretty amenable. Have tea/coffee and biscuits on hand.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

🙂 I’ll make sure the kettles on!

looking forward to some more speed 🙂

0 Ratings