cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Interested in BT Fibre 900, but …

Hello,

I am interested in the Full Fibre 900 package, but currently have my internet and land line provided by another company.  I don’t actually use the phone but it’s necessary for the FTTC connection I have.   I want to keep this connection running until the Full Fibre package goes live, whereby I’d then cancel the service and the line I currently have. 

Looking at the Full Fibre 900 package though, what got me worried was the line that says -

• If you have an existing home phone number, you’ll lose it by placing an order for a Broadband only service. This service does not include a home phone

Now I wasn’t sure if this only applied to customers currently with BT, or anyone with a land line.  I need that land line for my current connection, but can gladly do away with it when the Full Fibre 900 connection goes live.  

If anyone could clarify, that’d be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Interested in BT Fibre 900, but …

I think you are misunderstanding the terminology. You need a physical line to provide your broadband be it FTTP or FTTC, you don't actually need a phone service (aka landline) with either. It is this element that you will lose.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I just want to know that if I order the Fibre 900 package, am I going to lose the internet connection I currently have, which isn’t with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

If the FTTC connection is with another provider you'll be able to as the FTTP will involve installation of a separate fibre line

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

As already stated, if you simply order order a new FTTP connection , it shouldn’t affect your existing service ( this would only be the case anyway , if you ordered a phone service on the FTTP and wanted to keep your existing number but delivered over your new FTTP ) …if slightly uneasy about the possibility of losing the existing service before FTTP is in and working ( because although it’s unlikely, no one can guarantee it ) order by phone ( there is a FTTP number quoted frequently on this forum ) where you can stress the importance of not interfering with your FTTC
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thank you all for the replies.

I took the plunge and whilst ordering, it recognised my current connection and I was given the choice of keeping this connection in addition to the new service, or having this run up until the new service was activated, which is perfect. 

Again, thanks for your help and advice. 

0 Ratings