cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Internal CSPs on Listed Properties

Having done a bit of research I just wanted to check if anyone could confirm that internal CSPs are available for installations on Listed Properties (it seems they are, but confirmation has evaded me).

I also wanted to ask if anyone knew whether internal CSPs can be installed on 1st floors, and whether we would need to alert Openreach ahead of time that we would need an internal CSP?

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Internal CSPs on Listed Properties

Which building is it for?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

It's a family house ............. but the only way to run a fibre to it is off a post across the street (following the current copper route), this reaches the property at the 1st floor roofline and there isn't really anywhere on that side of the house to place a ground level CSP on the outside so I was hoping the fibre could just enter and we could have an internal CSP and the other fittings inside.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I live in a 1st floor conversion flat, the fibre comes from the pole to the wall, moves along it and comes straight in

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Could it come in from the Pole using the same route as the copper and then into the first floor room you want it in?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

It can if it's possible to have an Internal CSP, but it can't if there needs to be an external CSP as it would need to be on the wall outside the house on the 1st floor - that's why I'm keen to know about internal CSPs as there is very little information about them from what I can find.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

A CSP fitted at height externally  is not practical, the OR  preferred location is external and at ground level , however there are examples of where the CSP is fitted internally, and if fitted internally then ‘ height’ above ground isn’t so much of an issue but access to where the CSP is to be fitted ( for example if wanted in a loft , the loft would need proper access , be boarded out and have lighting ) , the way forward would be to order , discuss requirements with the installer, and if what you want is not problematic then it would proceed , if what you want cannot be done , and the ‘doable’ alternatives offered by the installer we’re unacceptable, you would simply cancel the order.

0 Ratings