cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Internet issue

Go to solution

Hello, i've had an issue for a good few years where my internet resets itself, i've had 50 engineers master socket moved new line under the road, new line coming from the pole, switch at the cab. everything you can think of i've probably had it, i've got a radio to check for REIN and SHINE, the internet some days can stay on others not soo good its like it keeps coming back worse and then goes okay for a few days struggling on finding the issue that is causing this to happen the engineers bascially give up with the issue, i just want some help on suggestions, also can someone check the photo i have added and if this seems all okay thank you. router pic.PNG

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Internet issue

Go to solution

@modonnell97  Your going to have a higher noise, it tends not to matter so much on FTTC. Your line stats suggest your already at the max line speed for FTTC. Theres nothing you can do about it but just leave the router connect constantly.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

with your stats I would expect your connection speed to get to 80mb as attainable at 87mb.  your noise margin will always be above 6db but should lower from 9db if your connection speed improves from 74 to 80mb.  however if you are constantly dropping connection then unlikely you will see any speed improvement and with constant drops may actually start to see a drop in speed as DLM takes action

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

yeah see the speed i would happily lose to have a much more stable connection, DLM did put my speeds down to 65mb and then because it stayed on it went back up to 74 which it normally stays at, thank you for getting back to me 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
yeah just really annoying not having stable internet and it restting my router all the time rather lose the speed if i could to make it stable
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If pretty much everything has been changed at some point ( you don’t say a different router has been tried but assuming it has ) , then you may want to start disconnecting devices and see if stability improves…this may take a while depending on how many devices normally connect and obviously you need to leave each one disconnected for sufficient time to rule that device out as a potential issue, ….in the 1 hour and 10 minutes the router stats posted cover ( was that reset something you did or is it the issue you are having ) you downloaded a not insignificant  2.3GB .

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Had a new router got another arriving tomorrow also, and yeah I have done similar test to try and find which device could be causing an interference I will try and do it again also. I thought moving the master socket would of eliminated the issue and yeah the Internet reset its self 

0 Ratings