cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Into the forth week of broadband sown

We have had no Fibre Broadband since the 27th and are getting nothing from BT about when it will be fixed. I'm not even sure Openreach are aware there is a problem, and when ever we talk to BT they cant get to openreach. 

From our local facebook page it seems that a few houses down our road  are down with us at the end of the line and a pole was replaced on the day in question that suspiciously coincided with the the broadband going down.

We have been onto BT and so have our neighbors everyday but we have no response that gives any indication that it will be fixed or even that openreach are aware. Is there anything I can do?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Into the forth week of broadband sown

try going to 'help' at top of page and then check service in my area and see if anything showing there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @libgeo I'm really sorry to see your broadband hasn't worked since the pole was replaced. Are there any updates if you track your fault in MyBT?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Broadband - Current Service Issue

We're sorry about the problem - we're working on fixing it.

Reported:

Mon 27/03/2023 at 14:30

Estimated fix time:

Sorry we can't provide a fix date at the moment. Please check again later.

Sometimes we get will be fixed in with 48 hour time limit which is obviously a robot and not based on any particular time knowledge, last update from a person is they have to resubmit a form to gain access. If the problem is where we think it is we are the landowner. But as yet have not had and engineer or anything near us.  They seem to blame tree damage but have had a look and cant see any. Thinks the time reset is when ever i send a fault to the text number causes a automatic 2 day update. This is really rubbish if the update is so meaningless.

Its the lack of info from openreach thats the issue here , we have no confidence they are doing anything. Its not difficult to update customers with clear expectations of fix times even if long and acknowledge the problem. And if they are trying to gain access to our land just ask....... 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The saga continues..

We have a nice lady at BT who is helping but she is still getting the run around from openreach. She confirmed they now had the right form and work were scheduled to be completed today , but obviously not fixed and the fix time on the BT website now shows saturday.  

I really had a much better response out of open reach when I was with a different provider. Mind you was on copper then and engineer out in 2 days. We obviously haven't seen and engineer in a month. Just still no idea what the issue is.....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings