cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Issues with Fibre/FTTC at my property

Go to solution

Hi all,

I’ve just moved to a new house and upon moving in am being told that I can only get 3-7mb/s internet when previously I was under the impression I could get fibre. The person I spoke with on the phone said this was as our exchange/cabinet was full and that Openreach had no plans to extend so basically we’re a bit screwed. I did a bit of research and used the BT broadband checker but have absolutely no idea what it means. Is anyone able to translate or even just offer and advice? Thanks in advance!

Exchange TULSE HILL is served by Cabinet 30
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) 
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 
8079201974AvailableAvailable--
8079201974AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed Rate
Up to 14--12.5 to 15Available--
----------
2----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 14--12.5 to 15Available--
---- Available--
Up to 2----Available--
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2023-05-05
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
Y
--
--
03-05-2023
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
N

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Issues with Fibre/FTTC at my property

Go to solution

That shows FTTC is available and the predicted speed is excellent, ( 80/20), what’s more the observed speed on the 5th May ( 4 days ago ) was 80Mb down/20Mb up , so the max FTTC will provide….presumably you used a phone number with the checker to get the results you posted , was it your own phone number ?, if it were , you are already on FTTC and must be pretty close to the cabinet as you cannot go any faster with FTTC .

Its entirely possible that if someone is already on FTTC and enquires about alternatives, (and FTTP isn’t available) then the ‘only’ alternative is exchange based ADSL which according to the same checker return is around 14Mb download 

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the response.

I actually used the phone number for the place next door (a takeaway) as we do not have a phone line yet (or I do not know the number anyway), so I didn’t know how to get our details. Whenever I try and sign up for fibre though I am just told that it is not available - is it safe then to assume that our property can access fibre, it is just that the cabinet/exchange is full?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

try using your address which will give more accurate result than an existing customer. 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks imjolly - have searched on the address and can see the below, which I'm guessing suggests we are on a 'Waiting List' or i.e., the cabinet is full. Would our only option then be to keep an eye on this and hope someone moves out and we can jump in and use their port?

Exchange TULSE HILL is served by Cabinet 30
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) 

VDSL Range B (Impacted) 

8077.4201972.2Waiting listWaiting list
8076.8201970.4Waiting listWaiting list
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC Fixed Rate
Up to 4--2.5 to 6.5Available
2----Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability DateWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 4--2.5 to 6.5Available
Up to 2-- Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
N

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

yes

it says waiting list but there is no actual list just a matter of keep checking and when you see available then phone ISP and place order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your help - much appreciated!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

It is possible the previous tennant was on FTTC and their move/cancellation hasn't permiated through the system.

0 Ratings