cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

FTTP not working since switching.

Hi all,

Finally got my chance to switch to FTTP on Wednesday, however I've had issues since. Openreach are saying all is done on their end, BT are saying additional equipment is needed but swiftly apologised when the engineer corrected them.  Openreach have rebuilt the circuit and are only seeing one way traffic. 

I have three lights on the ONT - LAN, PON & Power. All steady. Up until 0630 this morning my DSL line was still active.  I have FTTP enabled on the router, and have done factory resets. The router shows solid orange.

I have also tried connecting directly to my pc using PPPOE and I get an error code "651" otherwise I've looked at other posts here and I don't know what else to try. Is it a case that I'll need a new router?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: FTTP not working since switching.

No, the circuit hasn't been built correctly, you need to get back to BT and get them to sort it.

Try the FTTP team number 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Hi,

Openreach have already done this and are saying the circuit is fine. I dont know what else I can do. It was suggested yesterday when the engineer came back to my house that BT hadn't activated my services. Which I believe they now have as it is showing on my account and the DSL went down this morning.

Failing any useful information from the FTTP team, is there anything else you could think of?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Just to add, I tried calling the FTTP number - however, I should mention that the only hope I have of making a call in my house is when connected to WiFi calling which isn't going to happen. My phone signal is very poor with EE.... but it's the best of the heap in my area.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

There is nothing you can do personally, the problem lies squarely with BT despite their denial. Be insistent with them.

Post back if you can't get any sense from them.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

I will keep you updated. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

BT are now saying there is no issues on their end and they've booked another engineer for Tuesday, despite the original engineer still having the job. (He's been cc'd in emails from his higher ups etc) 

They're also sending a new FTTP hub out just to be sure. 

Seems like I'm going in circles 😅

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

It's not the hub as your laptop doesn't work with a direct connection either. I'll alert the mods to see if they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Hi @JamesJ98 

Thanks for posting sorry you're experiencing these connection issues since switching.

I've sent you a private message asking for some more details. It might be a few days before we get back to you but we'll own to resolution.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

I appreciate it ^ though, just had a call back from a manager saying there's nothing he can do. Won't even give me a mobile connection until Tuesday because of the bank holiday weekend. Bt have cost me £400+ in wages because of this. Will likely be around 800 by the time Tuesday comes. jokers 😳

0 Ratings