cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: after a response to my post on here i am not happy with part of install so contacting bt

I would suggest that the brick damage makes it easier to answer your original question, get some ready mixed sand and cement from a DIY shop and use that to rectify both problems at once.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Re: after a response to my post on here i am not happy with part of install so contacting bt

That’s Shocking…!

I’d be embarrassed and ashamed if I did that.

I can forgive the Brick Blow Out, especially with the cheap s… Drills Openreach were giving out by the time I left.

The Internal EZ Bend Cable has had the Outer Sheathing Completely Stripped back to the Micron Core Layer, that should only be stripped back to the Micron Core Layer when used Internally, and on the External Wall should have it’s Outer Sheathing left in place as it protects the Cable from UV Rays.

Also it has no Drip Loop on it, with no silicone rain water will run down that into the wall cavity and potentially cause Damp.

I’d request someone revisit and redo that.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for the input, have called bt, I have been told open watch will be coming out from now till thursday to inspect the work on the outside . will keep posted 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Re: Just had fibre installed works all good, ver tidy wiring in house , just question about drilled

You can get plastic inserts that go on the cable and push into the holes. They look a bit like a mushroom.

For filling you can use general silicon sealer, that'll stop anything getting in or out, heat, spiders etc. Much easier to pump into the holes tan try to feed filler in.

You can tidy the inside with filler if you like for smooth finish.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Re: Just had fibre installed works all good, ver tidy wiring in house , just question about drilled

Why should the OP have to do that, his CP has paid Openreach to do a job, which they should do to the Quality Standard.

If you paid a Garage to replace your Brake Pads, Discs, Oil Filter and Alternator Belt but got it home to find they hadn’t replaced the Belt and Brake Pads would you not return to the Garage and ask they do what you paid them to do or would you buy the parts, again for a second time and fit them yourself even though you’ve already paid someone else to do it? 

If the Openreach Engineer and or Contractor who did that poor excuse for an Installation is doing that on every job they do then clearly it needs highlighting so they can be retrained.

0 Ratings