cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Line Capped at 48.998 - line reset required

Go to solution

Hi - my line was previously "locked" at 55Mbps by an engineer and was like that for over 5 years. Recently renewed my contract and this has dropped to following. How can I get my line reset so I can get back up to or over the previous 55Mbps? Thanks for any help you can provide

GeeBee1701_10-1655749235519.png

Cabinet 13 Edinburgh Details:-

GeeBee1701_11-1655749509779.png

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Line Capped at 48.998 - line reset required

Go to solution

Connection time is only 12 days was that a manual reset or hub dropping connection?

When you renewed your contract did you renew on fibre 1  55/10mb just your up speed appear  limited to 10mb so check your MYBT and see what it says about current package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks. When I renewed I was advised there would be no change to my current speed. The 10 upload speed has been the same for years. It is the download speed that has dropped. As mentioned this was locked at 55 by an open reach engineer around 5 years ago so should not have dropped. Over those 5 years I have had no issues with drop outs. I believe my hub will automatically refresh the connection every 15 days which will be why it shows 12 days at the moment 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

According to dslchecker results you had an up speed of 15.94 in April but same down speed hence why I ask about your urgent package.  It is possible that you were on fibre 1 and a few years ago got a free upgrade to fibre 2 speeds if possible.

An openreach engineer could not set your connection speed to 55mb

is your connection one that has been resetting every 14 days which is annoying but does not affect connection speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks again.

A number of years ago I got download speeds of around 60. Around 5 years ago this dropped to around 42. After multiple engineer visits to try and improve the speed they eventually set my line to run at 55. It has been at 55 for over 5 years and has never dropped or changed from that. It is possible I was on Fibre 2 in the past but when I check what is available in my area if I was a new customer it shows no difference in terms of download speed regardless of which package I am on - is there a way that a moderator can perform a line reset and check if there is any "cap" on my account?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

did you check MYBT and see what package you have since your renewal as it probably now fibre 1 where up speed max is 10mb just like yours

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks. I am not fussed about the upload speed. It is the download speed I want fixed. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

I can understand you want another few mbs on your speed but you previously had an up speed for fibre 2 but now only fibre 1 so by checking MYBT you can see if something has changed when you renewed your contract

as attainable is only 59mb you are better fibre 1 with 55/10mb 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks again - I checked back over the advanced settings in my BT Hub and the download speed dropped from 55 to 48 in April this year which is when I renewed my broadband contract. It does look like I was on Fibre 2 and this was changed to Fibre 1 when I renewed. At the time I specifically asked if my speed would change and I was advised that it would not. I appreciate the drop is not huge but on the basis I was advised it would not change how do I go about getting a line reset done so I can get this back to 55?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

It appears you have been stuck at the same down speed since April and are in a banded profile. I have asked mods to see if they can help you and they will post here

0 Ratings