cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

four wire vs 2 wire telephone cable

Hi if I uitilised all four pairs of the wires of the brown telephone brick cable 4 pair wire, would I get better speeds over only using two wire pairs? (white/orange).

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: four wire vs 2 wire telephone cable

No, you would most likely end up with a slower speed as the circuit would be unbalanced.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Understand.

Also is there a requirment on the jelly crimps openreach use? Im going to put fresh jelly crimps on the wires outside that connects to the house. the jelly crimps are old and have green stuff growing inside them.

I found some jelly crimps on the internet and they have  a type of glue inside them to protect from damp.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Its petroleum jelly, not glue, quite a messy business. The green is Copper Verdigris.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the correction, would you be able to link me to the ones openreach use?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

would you be able to link me to the ones Openreach use?

No idea what they use now, as I seem to remember the jelly crimps being stopped because of the petroleum jelly. You may get a reply from an Openreach member.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The ones openreach used lasttime, had jelly inside. that was few years ago

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

A Brown Down Lead only has 2 Pairs, not 4.

A Drop Wire 15 has 4 Pairs but is only available in Black Sheathing as it’s not supposed to be used as Down Lead.

0 Ratings