cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Line stats

Hi, the past few mornings my home phone has been ringing very briefly, just a quick ¼ ring if that makes sense.

Anyway, I checked my speed and it was showing about 6.5 Mbps, so decided to do a restart which brought the speeds upto its normal sort of speed.

I looked at the line stats but noticed my line attenuation at 85db, I'm sure it's never been that high, see image.

Would appreciate someone taking a look and saying if this is good or bad??

Thanks.

Screenshot_20220718-195207_Firefox.jpg

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Line stats

Have you checked your phone line for noise. Dial 17070 option 2. Should be silent and best with corded phone

Have you tried using the test socket?

The attenuation is far to high and surprised you have 26mb connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 22

Only got access to a cordless phone and it's quiet, no crackling or hissing.

Like I say over the weekend the landline phone has been momentarily ringing in the early hours 3, 4, or 5 times maybe??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

The attenuation is far to high and suggests a line problem so I would try using test socket to eliminate a faulty master faceplate and also any internal extension wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 22

How do I go about testing using the test socket??

My master socket is the 5c type and my broadband is on an extension socket.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

So your hub is not connected to the master socket but using an extension socket?

Message 7 of 22

Correct, been like that ever since we had BT installed.

A cable taps into the master socket A and B to a slave socket for the HH6.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

does the ringing noise on your phone cause the broadband connection to drop?

Message 9 of 22

Im sorry but it happened between about 4 and 6:30am over the weekend and i was still in bed, so i have no idea.

Although i seem to recall both our phones were (had lost connection) disconnected from the internet, and required us to reconnect??

Also, the ringing tone happens that quick its more of a chirp, its super quick.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

you can tell if broadband connection dropped when problem with phones by checking your connection stats in hub manager and see if there was a reset shown by connection time stat