cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Low speed, slow upload and latency

I have a 900MB subscription, I changed the original modem, which is terrible, for a TPLINK AX6000, it has improved a lot, but the oscillations are constant, contact with BT is very complicated, they don't have quality support. Now I have 4 assignments due and I had to come to COSTA CAFÉ to send them, and I missed two meetings this morning because of the terrible quality of the internet. In several measurements I had speeds of 6mb, this is absurd, I don't know what else to do, I changed all my equipment, I use everything on cable to avoid losses, but zero quality.

Screenshot_6 (2).png

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Low speed, slow upload and latency

Hi @geniouk 

Those speeds are definitely not right for a 900 Mb/s FTTP connection, so something must be wrong.  To help the people on here to assist you, we need to ask a few questions, and get you to run a few tests.

First off, to properly establish the speed on your FTTP connection, you need to turn off WiFi on your router, connect a single PC/laptop to it with a Cat 5E (or better) ethernet cable, and run the speed test.  This should give us a good picture of what speed the line is delivering.

BT, like any ISP, will only provide support for users who are connecting using the BT Hub - so it would be preferable if you can use the Hub for this test.

In addition, to rule out any Hub/router issues, it is possible to connect your laptop directly to the ONT (the white all-mounted box that the router connects to) - but best to try the above test first.