cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Master Socket Exterior Wiring

I’ve moved to a house which had no master socket. I’ve just had one fitted and the wire runs from the top of the house down passed the front window and round the side to where it now enters the house directly behind where the master socket has been placed - is this normal? It looks a mess to be honest having this black wire now running across the bricks. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Master Socket Exterior Wiring

@bonlolwrote:

I’ve moved to a house which had no master socket. I’ve just had one fitted and the wire runs from the top of the house down passed the front window and round the side to where it now enters the house directly behind where the master socket has been placed - is this normal? It looks a mess to be honest having this black wire now running across the bricks. 

How would you expect a dropwire to be routed to the nte? id guess 70% of uk housing stock has externally clipped cable for phone/broadband service

Message 3 of 5

How else do you expect to it to be run?

Message 4 of 5

I’m not sure that’s why I asked? it’s not something I’ve ever noticed on other houses before 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Openreach don’t like Engineers Climbing, carry’s a lot of risk. You could literally die from falling just a few feet if you fall the wrong way.

Obviously they need to climb but to minimise time up the top of a ladder they’re advised to drop the cable straight down to ground level from where it hits the house and then continue to cleat it at ground level.