cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Mis Sold Full Fibre 900 Halo 3

I am paying for Full Fibre 900 Halo 3 - 700Mb guaranteed minimum speed

I do not get 700 at the wall entry point

I selected the best package to get the best speeds possible, in my office I get about 220, but as low as 100 around my house. I am amazed that the rest of the house has such a fall off in speed

Where in the advertisements does it caution that the full fibre speed quoted does not extend beyond the hub?

Have we all been mis sold full fibre?

Does anyone get respectable speeds around the house? (I already have 3 booster discs around the house)

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Mis Sold Full Fibre 900 Halo 3

The fibre speeds quoted are connection speeds to your router and not download speeds  check connection speed by connecting pc/laptop by ethernet cable and run btspeedtester or fast.com

No ISP guarantees speed to WiFi devices as WiFi is susceptible to local interference 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

You may have a fault, It does happen even on new provisions.
what does your hub stats show? Go to hub stats by going to hub manager then advanced settings then technical log information, post the results here.

@FibreDetractorwrote:

Where in the advertisements does it caution that the full fibre speed quoted does not extend beyond the hub?

It's under the Terms & Conditions at www.bt.com/terms

Our latest Line Speed Policy (www.bt.com/yourlinespeed)

Also look at Broadband speed: What is it and how does it work? 

What is sync speed?

Sync speed is the speed between your BT Hub and your local telephone exchange. It's sometimes called 'line rate'. Sync speed can depend on the distance from the cabinet or exchange and whether microfilters are installed correctly.

What is throughput speed?

Throughput speed is the speed at which your broadband can actually send and receive data between the internet and your BT Hub. It's what you experience at home when using your broadband connection. It can't be higher than the sync speed. It can vary throughout the day and can be slower during busy periods, especially between 8-10pm. This is the equivalent of the internet rush hour when lots of people are using the shared parts across the network at the same time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@-Richie-  Pointless going to hub stats,  all it would show is connection between hub & ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Thanks for the reply, but I have read the terms and conditions.

I can not see any "small print" explaining that the speed guarantee is only to the hub.

The advertising needs to be clear, not intentionally misleading.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

How can any Internet provider guarantee speed through out your house when they have no way of knowing the layout and construction of the property or the types of devices that you are using, that can be limited by their components used in their construction.

They also can not guarantee wifi because there are so many variables that can affect it.

As a result they can only guarantee what comes down the line to your property and if that is not as expected they will resolve it.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-bt-s-stay-fast-guarantee-

Message 7 of 12

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-bt-s-stay-fast-guarantee-
The relevant part
How do I test my speed?
The Stay Fast Guarantee refers to the speed from the network to your BT Hub. It doesn't cover the speed you receive from the Hub to devices in your home.
It’s pretty clear where speed is measured at .

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for the detail regarding the Stay Fast Guarantee, I had not been able to find any  BT reference to the speed delivered to devices.

However, the marketing that came with full fibre being available, did not mention this at all.

I have looked at a new quote today, and again no caution regarding actual delivery to devices v hub speed.

The hub was installed at one end of the house, and the speed I get in my study is 146.

This is 21% of the quoted guaranteed speed.

I compare it to a cars MPG. If it quotes 50mpg, I understand this is under ideal conditions, but I do not expect it to be 21% of the advertised MPG at 10mpg in reality.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for the detail regarding the Stay Fast Guarantee, I had not been able to find any  BT reference to the speed delivered to devices.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@FibreDetractor 

if you want the connection speed at your device then you need to connect with ethernet cable not wifi.  No ISP guarantees any speed at your wifi device

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings