cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Misleading fault reporting on BT website

My broadband keep cutting out. It drops several times a day now and often around 10pm at night. I have tried using the site and it is "running the tests" and it always ends up with a positive result. 

Is it some kind of therapy tool to keep people off contacting BT about issues?

Has anyone ever ran a diagnostic test there that comes out with an error code or a confirmation that there is an issue?

A few years ago I had the same issue with the line dropping. I called the Helpline and a lady said she was going to run a 24h test on my line and call back. During these 24h, the connection dropped several times on several devices. When she called back (she did keep her promise) she said the test had shown that there were no issues with my connection. 

I am just not sure that the diagnostics work when the experience is completely different. I come out of these conversations feeling a bit gas lighted - are you sure the line keeps dropping? did that really happen?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Misleading fault reporting on BT website

Hi @London2 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having connection problems. We'll need a bit more information so we can help. Is there any noise on the line? You can check that by connecting an handset to the test socket behind the master faceplate and dialling 17070. You've mentioned it drops around 10pm. Does anything else happen at that time i.e. heating pumps or outside lighting? Do the lights on the hub change, if so what colour are you seeing?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings