cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving ONT box closer to FTTP entry point

Go to solution

Hi all,

We've had a very unsightly ONT box install in the hallway for several years. We're now starting to renovate the hallway so it's a good opportunity to do something about this.

I'm keen to move the ONT box approx 2m sideways and down to a new cupboard right next to the entry point into the house (straight line move). All in all there'd be around 3m spare cable to deal with.

I'm aware of the fragility of the cable and issues with cleaning the connector and that I'm not supposed to touch it but I'm loath to spend a lot of money on a call-out for a very simple move. I've been wondering if I can unplug power, LAN etc. from the ONT box but leave the fibre cable connected, gently roll spare cable into a junction box making sure to not twist the actual cable or bend it too tightly, close the box and hang the ONT box in the new position?

Any fatal flaws to this plan?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving ONT box closer to FTTP entry point

Go to solution

Try doing that if you want but it is at your own risk.

If you cause any damage or problems to the line you will be charged to have it repaired and will no doubt have to wait at least a few days or longer for Openreach to come out to affect a repair after you have reported it to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

are you a BT Broadband customer or with another ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Zen Internet, I thought it was Openreach's responsibility up to the ONT box?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Meetthefeockers 

This is a BT Retail Customer forum, and has nothing to do with Openreach.

https://www.openreach.com/

You need to ask about this on the ZEN user forum.

https://www.zen.co.uk/help-support

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

This forum is a BT  forum, nothing to do with Openreach

0 Ratings