cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 22

Re: Moving from BT to EE

Go to solution

I also have the BT premium email etc and never use the email on a web browser (just in thunderbird ).

Tpday I had a rather confusing  letter with pictures and different colours on it from BT about EE. It seems very cleverly worded to try to trick people into changing things which immediately made me very alert. Underneath a sticky bit of the letter you have to peel off and look down it DOES say "what's next" which is the only bit in which I was interested. "Exciting times are coming" - God knows what that means - presumably m eans awful changes you don't want may be forced on you.  "For now you don't need to do anything" so that implies later you will be forced to do thing that will take time and make things worse than now whether you like it or not.

Then ominously it says "we'll be in touch again soon to let you know how can move to a new EE with your own personalised offer". That relieved me slightly as it uses the word "can" i.e. that you are able to move but do not have to do so.

They then have a trap to steal your personal data in a sense  in a bit next to that about taking part in a competition and say I am part of "the family". Such awful language - we are not a family. I have a business contractual relationship with BT plc which is a public limited company traded on the stock exchange trying to make as much profit as it can for its shareholders. It is nothing to do with families.

Then I went to  FAQs mentioned on the letter  which says

"What if I don’t want to switch to EE, can I stay on BT?

You don’t have to switch to EE until you’re ready. For now, you can choose to stay on BT, but we recommend moving to EE to get the best experience from us."

ghe words until you're ready are so very very confusing. If they said you will never have to switch that would be clarity.  So if I am never ready for 50 years then I never have to switch - is that what they mean?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 22

Re: Moving from BT to EE

Go to solution

Hi Jane

It is confusing.

It appears BT will continue to offer broadband only services to new customers which means existing customers can also stay with them.

I think they are trying to get customers with Broadband and TV packages to move over to EE as they will be providing these moving forwards.

This suggests that there may be a rebadged version of the EE Smart Hub Plus for new broadband customers at some point.

0 Ratings