cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

My smart hub light is orange

Hi my name is zak 

I have just switched from sky to bt I thought it would be a simple switch but it has been far from that. We were told when our Wi-Fi router arrived in the post to plug it in and wait for the Wi-Fi. We did this. Later the next day we receive a text of bt saying our internet is up and running. We waited until the next day as we received the text quite late at night. When I woke up in the morning I discovered that the internet was not up and running. The smart hub light  was still an still orange colour. So I decided I to give them a call asking for some guidance. They said that we will look into the problem. They put me on hold for a while until they said it is not a problem on BT side it is a problem on my side. So they decided to send an engineer out to fix our problem which he did not. The engineer said it is a problem on BT side not ours. This confused me as the man on the phone said there was a problem at my end. So after the engineer had left I called BT asking for some answers on what is really wrong. They guy on the phone said that we sent out the wrong engineer And then put us on hold and he ended the call  I called back back and they said that there computers are broken and they can’t book any correct engineer to come and see us Tomorrow. 

has anyone had this issue.

please help.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: My smart hub light is orange

Are you on full fibre (FTTP) or FTTC?

The orange light suggests that there is no internet connection, if you're on FTTP then turn the ONT off and back on after about 20 secs.

Whichever you have, factory reset your hub using a pin in the recessed hole in the back of it (see How do I reset my BT Hub to its factory settings | BT Help)

If neither of those work then it is most likely an account problem

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Zak2 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. Can you try @Les-Gibson advice and let me know how it goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I have done this and it has not worked

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for trying that @Zak2 .

I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me over a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings