cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: New Build - only copper available?

Go to solution

Try searching BetterInternetDashboard - https://bidb.uk/

To see if any alt networks are potentally serving the location concerned.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

Hi mate,

So I used this site and it’s a shame I can’t send a screenshot ;

Openreach FTTP is planned
Glide is local
Hyperoptic is local
Voneus is local

If a third party company can highlight that work is planned, why on earth havent BT or Open Reach explained that to me directly? Does anyone know who to contact to discuss when work is actually planned for and what that entails? (Depth of works, timescales etc)

Someone earlier in the thread quoted FTTP team? I asked to speak to them yesterday evening and I was told that it wasn’t possible and was screened, basically. I had to talk to the customer service representative before forwarding anything, in the end I wasn’t forward eto that department just told that they have submitted an availability form to open reach and will be in touch 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

Update :

received an email from Open Reach;

Hi Reece,

Thanks for your email.

I have submitted an enquiry form for your address. This will then be directed to our dedicated Fibre Availability department to further investigate  -  and they would be in touch with you soon.

I must just point out though - It is possible that they may not have any different to add though, and it could just be that it is a case of waiting until Openreach's plans catch up with your own postcode

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

Have you actually spoken to your developer who should have been responsible for arranging the fibre provision?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

Yes, numerous times and he is adamant that fibre has been installed. I mentioned earlier that fibre optic line runs from the cabinet up the road past my house on telegraph poles down to his house that he built at the end of my private road. On these telegraph poles are fibre optic lines circled in coils ready to be installed over to my property. He has 1GBps and I have confirmed this by putting his address into uswitch, bt direct webpage, open reach and virgin 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

If the developer had Openreach install Fibre to the houses I would have though that you would have had the ONT (Fibre modem) installed in the property just waiting for you to choose an ISP.

In any event, have you asked the neighbour, not the developer, who says he has FTTP which ISP they used and how they went about it to get their FTTP connection.

Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

Fibre doesn't come from the cabinet.

You haven't said which provider he is using, are you sure it isn't an Alt net rather than Openreach fibre?

Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

It seems as though the developer might be telling porkies in this case? If I’m honest we were already concerned that he had ran out of money whilst building the houses and this was confirmed by a plumber who came round today (he’s been paid now but said it took three months) - we are the second house of 4 sold to move in and 3 are now in total. The developer has fibre optic “he says” but do you think it’s possible he chose not to contribute any money to the fibre optic installation and therefore we have copper? but it still doesn’t solve the problem of the open reach engineer saying fibre optic is running outside my front door along the premises?

I may look to get a solicitor involved as the estate agent and developer have both, in writing before the sale, confirmed that fibre optic is available to the property… 

can anyone help with an email to the developer by way of what to ask? I would be keen to ask specifics of what he has had installed or ordered as opposed to asking him “does the property have fibre optic?” 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

As has been posted several times, ask him who is service provider is and whether the fibre is Openreach or an Alt net such as Gigaclear etc.

I suspect, as you do, that the developer is being economical with the truth of the situation.

If he had liaised with Openreach, every property would have had a fibre cable and ONT installed during construction.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

@Reeceg353wrote:

Hi mate,

So I used this site and it’s a shame I can’t send a screenshot ;

Openreach FTTP is planned
Glide is local
Hyperoptic is local
Voneus is local

If a third party company can highlight that work is planned, why on earth havent BT or Open Reach explained that to me directly? Does anyone know who to contact to discuss when work is actually planned for and what that entails? (Depth of works, timescales etc)

Someone earlier in the thread quoted FTTP team? I asked to speak to them yesterday evening and I was told that it wasn’t possible and was screened, basically. I had to talk to the customer service representative before forwarding anything, in the end I wasn’t forward eto that department just told that they have submitted an availability form to open reach and will be in touch 

Why can't you send a screenshaot? It's easy enough, just click the camera icon and either drag and drop or select the file.

If the file is too big just use a free online jpeg optimiser..

0 Ratings