Re: New Build - only copper available?

Go to solution

  Wholesale checker 

4E2FF1BD-B368-4B32-A917-5B27818D443A.png

 continued 

B42F1A4E-38D5-4029-84BB-21A621DD395D.png

my broadband estimate

20163BE3-5B7F-468E-BE69-C935FB1A5BCC.png

My neighbours internet estimates using the same postcode on the same road 2 doors down (using the wire outside)

5A22A551-BAC1-42F4-A924-D4BE7B07AAF4.png

 I’ve asked the developer the above and will see what he says tomorrow 😕

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution
Post the DSL checker return for the developers house that ( apparently ) has WBC FTTP , obviously obscure address or phone number any info ,
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

Developer wholesale checker 

2CF42E0F-22F7-483F-ABD5-DDB040B596CF.png

  

C9349A38-07D1-4515-9A89-21C76BE51B4A.png

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

Don’t know if this helps but the red is my property and the purple are the 4 new builds that the developer has built. The property further up the road is his house and this house receives up to 900mbps. The developers house receives this through the fibre optic cable running adjacent to my houses along the road to his house from the main road at the fork/t-junction at the beginning of my house. 

I just don’t understand why open reach can’t supply fibre optic from that line, there are 4 coils of wire from that pole line opposite each new house he has built (it seems as though it just needs to be wired over)?

4A47E5AA-905E-44DD-9490-E4FC0062D14E.png

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

It's possible no actual DP point was installed or too far from it, therefore even though you have fibre going past your house, there is no way to connect you without disruption to the current connections.

This maybe a case of having to wait for Openreach to finish off the rest, but obviously that may take a few years depending on their current plan for your area.

As for the legals with the developer, unless it's actually stated in the contracts you signed that it states it has a full fibre connection then you've got no legal ground, though not to say you don't kick up a stink about it. What you do have on your side is the fact it's an individual rather than a large company, that means if you kick up enough stink in the local area the developer is not going to be a very popular person 😉

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

I guess the only other option if all else fails is taking out a 4G home hub contract as that’s picking up 31mb max speeds…. Still a hell of a lot better than 1mb download from the copper…

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

Use the checker again next Friday afternoon as the database will have been updated, your copper install may have just missed the last update.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

Update / in case anyone is interested!

went with 5g router from Three in the end which seemed okay but the signals interfered with Sky Q. 

searched again for our postcode which is now stating 1000mbps connection speeds, finally. 

After a few weeks trying to explain to BT and Open Reach the infrastructure is in place without them acknowledging it, it now miraculously is!

thanks for everyone’s help

0 Ratings