cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New Connection Issue FTTP / SOGEA

Go to solution

I am trying to get Fibre Broadband not FTTP to my new address. I order it from BT but the order fails. BT have it as an SOGEA product available but Openreach system shows the property can get FTTP says the BT call handler. The Llangollen Exchange is not enabled for FTTP yet. BT are asking Openreach to update the info at their end so it shows SOGEA and then I can order it but it’s taking ages. Is there anything I can do and will Openreach update the address record on their system so I can get SOGEA without waiting til FTTP is available? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Connection Issue FTTP / SOGEA

Go to solution

Can you enter your phone number or address and post results including all the notes

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

FTTP is not always supplied from the local exchange so it is possible FTTP is available to you. Use the link @imjolly  has given you and post the result.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Not a good idea to post personal details on a public forum viewable worldwide.

I have deleted your post for your security.

Enter the address in the checker and post a screenshot of the result after editing it to remove personal details.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, screenshot attached if you can make anything of the info. 

davesimm_0-1709069572193.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hmm, that is the database that BT use and it clearly shows that FTTP is not available but FTTC SOGEA is so not sure why BT are saying that FTTP is available.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for looking at that. The problem is when I order BT Broadband it fails as Openreach have it down as FTTP only / enabled at the address. BT have checked the Openreach side and found the issue is Openreach wrong data for the address, BT have emailed Openreach and asked them to correct it so I can re-order but they are taking ages. Is there anything else I can do to speed it up?

0 Ratings