cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New Install

Hi,

I have spoken with an online customer services and told them I'm looking to connect full fibre to the premises on a new home. As far as I can see, the order was accepted with an install date of 17th of July. The router should arrive tomorrow. BT sent me instructions on how to set it up etc. The only problem is, the fibre cable in front of my house is coiled up under the front window and I don't see the fibre junction box?

Will I get an engineer at some point to run the cable in the existing pipe under the ground? Confused here. Seems like the online staff assumed it is all there.

Thanks for any help / clarification.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Install

Give the FTTP team a call for an update 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

You probably need to speak to the developer’s representative , with Openreach ‘newsites’ FTTP , before the keys are handed over to the purchaser , the developer should let the OR field based coordinator( FBC)  know that the plot is ready to be ‘called off’  , this is usually at least a week , often longer before the purchaser is due to move in , so the installation can be completed ready for when they move in , the developer should have already let  OR know the build programme, ( the order the buildings will be completed ) so the appropriate network can be built in advance, some of the network build is also dependent on the developers ground workers , building jointboxes  and installing ducts on behalf of Openreach ( jobs the developer is paid by OR to do ) , if the ducts and boxes don’t exist in the proposed footpath ( it doesn’t have to be a finished path ) then the necessary optical cables your house needs to be connected to ,  cannot be installed.

Often , if the FTTP service isn’t ready when the purchaser moves in , it’s because the developer has made a plot ready for sale without notifying OR in advance, or they have released a plot that wasn’t originally due to be released for weeks or even months , ( basically they sell a plot , so ignore the build schedule they told OR they were going to follow )  ,  so there is  no time for OR to get the network available outside that plot.

Any plots like  this , do cause an alert within OR ( house occupied but no service available ) so chances are OR already know this house is occupied, and they do expedite the installation, but if things the builder needs to do in advance (in the roads/footpaths)  haven’t been done , then unfortunately it may not be as quick to resolve as you would want .

If it’s not as complicated as this , and basically all than needs to be done is a standard install ( all the network elements are in place , it’s just OR haven’t got around to it ) again get the developer to call the Openreach FBC and the FBC can make sure it’s attended to.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Great advice!

I will forward this information onto the developer who is known to not do stuff on time. 

0 Ratings