cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New broadband installed - Speed Profile Limited?

I have had my service installed for a couple of weeks, but during the first few days I had electiricians finishing off some wiring in the house which meant the hub was powered off/on a few times over a couple of the first days it was installed. I've tried to keep it on full time since, but I've noticed that my current data rates are a fair way off the potential max data rates. Now I wonder if my line profile might have been fixed due to the power outages? Is there any way to rectify this at all, or will it resolve itself over time?

mattwaddy_0-1693305711526.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New broadband installed - Speed Profile Limited?

Hi @mattwaddy,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. It looks like your profile is set at the maximum speed for Fibre 1. Which is 55 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload.

What package are you on and what speeds are you expecting to get?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks I only have access to Fibre1 when I ordered, I hadn't realised that it was capped to be honest. Seems odd that I'm not able to utilise the maximum potential of the line?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @mattwaddy,

What was the speed estimate given to you when you signed up? If you did upgrade to Fibre 2 you would get speeds closer to max data rate.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

45-50. Would there be a reason that fibre2 doesn't show as an option for me if the speeds on my line would potentially support it? Is it something I can speak with BT about?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi, @mattwaddy I've seen Fibre 1 being offered on new installs if it isn't clear what speeds can be provided. If you log in to MyBT on this link does it give you the option to upgrade to Fibre 2?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yes it does seem to offer it to me via that link.

65Mb

Download speed

Fibre 2

£2.50* extra a month

New monthly price: £32.49

Smart Hub 2
  • 65Mb download speed with 53Mb guaranteed minimum speed
  • 13Mb upload speed
  • Upgrade to Full Fibre 100 for free when it becomes available in your area
  • Stream video on up to 6 devices at once
  • 24 month contract
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@mattwaddy You'd likely get a better speed than 65Mb as per the maximum data rate on your Hub stats.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thanks, just called up BT to check and they confirmed I could now get Fibre2 for an addition £1 per month, so given that the go ahead. Hopefully get a bit of a speed increase when the change takes effect. I can just keep wishing that we get full fibre at some point, although I live in the middle of nowhere 🙂

0 Ratings