cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New build - Fibre availability

I recently moved into a new build and there is a BT FTB installed under the stairs however it doesn’t appear to be active yet as when I search on the BT site I am told I can get fibre but when I proceed to order it says it is not available yet. The houses around me seem to all be connected. Just wondering if there was anyway to find out when my house may be connected. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New build - Fibre availability

you would need to place an order with BT for broadband before your FTTP was activated

try phoning 08005874787 FTTP TEAM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks! I’ve tried ordering over phone and website but after initially being told I can get services at the checkout I am told it’s not currently ready 😟 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

New builds with FTTP , are dealt with differently to older property’s that already have  a copper pair , and can upgrade to FTTP , in a new build , the  ONT is usually fitted , the external splicing done and authenticated onto the OLT ( headend ) before the occupant has moved in, providing the developer has kept Openreach advised of the order the property’s are being built and released for sale , that way all that is required is for the occupant to contact an ISP that uses OR and get the address /ONT brought into service with that ISP.

You can tell if the ONT is authenticated, the PON light should be steady ( not flashing ) , some developers turn off the power after authentication , so it may need turning back on , a flashing PON light or the LOS light lit , means there is a problem with the fibre itself, either faulty ( unlikely ) or not yet provided , see DSI.

If the developer fitted the ONT themselves ( there is a DSI product , developer self install process ) where OR pay the developer more money than standard FTTP and the developer ( usually the electrician ) installs the ONT , but the fibre to the property probably won’t be spliced yet , that still requires Openreach, if that is the case the address shouldn’t say it’s ready for service , because it isn’t ready for service, even though the ONT is present, if the ONT is switched on in this situation the LOS light would be lit and the PON light flashing, as there isn’t an optical signal that  the ONT can detect ( because the external work isn’t complete ) 

This can happen if the developer releases a DSI plot way out if the normal expected sequence, and the optical network hasn’t yet been pushed upto that address by OR , it can be because OR were told that plot wouldn’t be released for weeks or months, then the developer gets a sale and instead of saying to the purchaser the plot won’t be ready for a while , they push it up the build program to get the sale money in , but it puts OR in an impossible they can’t deliver the network in the same timescale 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Ha e you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM or was it just CS you phoned. If latter then try phone number I posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Does the BT Openreach Wholesale checker show the property as "FTTP is available"?

I would have thought if the BT website checker displays Full Fibre products at all then you'd be good to go.
0 Ratings