cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New build, can't purchase Fibre, even though Openreach FTTP box is installed.

I have just moved into a new flat. When I check the address on BT and on Openreach's fibre checker, I get an error that they are having a few issues and to try again. When putting all the other flats in the buildings addresses into the availability checkers, they report back that full fibre is available, so it is only my flat which is having these issues. 

The Openreach box has a solid PON light, and the LOS light isn't on, so from my understanding the line is active. However when I call BT, they inform me the line is inactive and that I need to contact Openreach. I have contacted them, but got no help in the reply and they do not have a number I can call.

I'm not sure what to do next as I'm being sent round in circles. Me and my partner both work from home so moving in is difficult as we have no internet. 

Can anyone suggest anything? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New build, can't purchase Fibre, even though Openreach FTTP box is installed.

are you phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787?  make sure you have serial number from ONT handy when phoning

if you get redirected to CS because FTTP busy then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Re: New build, can't purchase Fibre, even though Openreach FTTP box is installed.

Thanks for this, I've not seen this number before so will give it a go and report back. Not currently at the property to get the serial number. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Ideally you need the ONT serial number as the FTTP can confirm the connection via that.

0 Ratings