cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New fibre install

Go to solution

Can a customer service point be in different location to drop cable IE fitted to other end of house.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New fibre install

Go to solution

Probably, but the other alternative is the CSP doesn't have to be in the same external location as the internal location of the ONT.

As with all these types of questions, it very much depends on what is actually feasible and what the installer is prepared to do.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for reply, I love in a park home and copper cable is at the back due to height, when I get fibre I need to have ont at front for electric apparently they only allow 10 MTRS for cable from CSP to ont my home is 12 mtr plus.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I thought it was 30 metres, but may have changed. As said, talk to the installer, I'm sure an agreement can be reached. The cable has to go down to ground level for the CSP so can't see any reason why it can't go along a few metres and then down.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

That's what I am hoping. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

My installer said he could install around the wall to the other side of the house to have the router in the living room. In fact this was his first suggestion, as the existing copper route was complex (albeit shorter) through our porch, and the ladder as quite close to its pitched roof.

I wanted the router in the same place as it was before because I had installed some shelving in a convenient corner. I did manage to simplify it though so he only had to drill one hole (as the other was the existing copper hole) and he agreed to it. Did a good job too.

So in short, yes the service point can be in a different location to the copper one, but you just need to be prepared to negotiate a bit with the installer because they will naturally want to make things as easy as possible for themselves.

PS. It is 10 metres maximum cable run from the grey service point on the outside wall to the new ONT installed on your inside wall. But it is the grey service point that can be relocated to wherever is easiest as there are no restrictions on the length of the cable on the street side of the grey box.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your input, it's is what I was hoping for, it would only be about 15 mtr run from ground level along one side of park home. 

0 Ratings