cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New install red PON light

Just had a new install and the lads could not get my ont PON light to go green it’ was red then flashing green and after a few phone calls it went back to red,and as they left they said some else would have to fix the issue.

question is how long will have to wait for fix? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New install red PON light

How long is a piece of string? Depends entirely what the problem is and what resources Openreach have to fix it, nobody here will have any insight.

Call the FTTP team and they might be able to update you 0800 587 4787

Message 3 of 9

Thanks I will call in the morning, the install team chance to update info from their end
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

If the number diverts to normal customer services (which it does if busy), just hang up and try again later.

Message 5 of 9

Hi @Friely and welcome.

Please keep us updated on how things go

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@licquorice how do I know if I’m diverted to cs is it autobot telling to press 1 for phone/broadband etc?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I assume so.  I've never had cause to call the FTTP team but know that it does divert when busy.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Re: New install red PON ligh

@DavidM  Afternoon update 2 Openreach lads have been here all day and found that none of the fibre had been connected at  a pole 200 metres away and had to connect 12 of them to get it up and running!.

I can get online and speed seems good

Now I’m just waiting for my account to update as it still says I’m waiting on the engineer !.

Message 9 of 9

Re: New install red PON ligh

Thanks for the update @Friely .

I'm glad to hear your finally connected. The account should sort itself out but if there are any problems let me know.

Cheers

David