cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

No Fttp at the apartment I'm moving to

Hello, I am currently about to move from a house in which I started a 24 month Full Fiber 500 Contract

I had to move recently, to an apartment, where BT does not offer FTTP and I have no other choice but to go with lower, copper grade speeds.

What should I do, will BT install FTTP if I call them and ask, or would I have to keep paying the same price(£30) for lower speeds? I also unfortunately don't have Virgin Media services at the place.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: No Fttp at the apartment I'm moving to

if FTTP is not available at your apartment but BT can provide FTTC then as part of the contract you need to accept FTTC until you can upgrade.  you can try rentions and see if you can negotiate a cheaper deal for the lower package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: No Fttp at the apartment I'm moving to

BT will not install FTTP just because you ask them to. If fact BT do not install fibre at all. That is done by Openreach and if it not on their roll out program at this time there is nothing that can be done about it.

If all BT can supply is FTTC then that is what you will get. You may be able to negotiate a better price if you call BT but it may involve starting a new contract.

0 Ratings