cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

No broadband for 27 days!!!!!

I am not quite sure anybody on here will actually believe me….

We have been left without broadband for almost 30 days now.

Spend at least 20 hours on the phone trying to chase progress.

nothing but broken promises, missed deadlines and false updates.

today I have been told next review is not until 26/10

Teenage sons are going crazy without gaming, working from home impossible. It’s been a nightmare.

frustrated and now getting angry. I pay over £60 pcm for full fibre to the premise!! Nobody at BT seems to care.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: No broadband for 27 days!!!!!

If you’ve got a total loss of service then you’ll be eligible for compensation when your fault is fixed. It’s paid at a daily rate if not fixed within 2 days of being reported.

if you’re a halo customer you should also get the keep connected promise and can get a 4g hub to help tide you over, otherwise you’ll just have to consider hot spotting using mobile data to get by.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Ctrlz,

I am aware of the compensation. But really what would you rather have £8 of compensation or the broadband service you pay for and rely so much on.

faults can happen, I get that but it should never take more than a week to solve.

it is clear that because I am “just” one private customer my issues get ignored / deprioritised. Let’s face it BT can easily afford to pay me £8 day. It really feels like they don’t care and don’t even want to escalate this properly!

For them I am just a minor inconvenience, I on the other hand have to cope with the disruption and work / family challenges!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

It's pointless ranting on these pages, we're all just customers like yourself but maybe we can offer some advice or even help resolve the problem if you give us more information.

What LEDs' are lit on the ONT? PON should be permanently on with not so much as a flicker (not even once in a blue moon) and LOS should be out.

What colour is the light on the front of the Smarthub?

Do you have Digital Voice and is it still working?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi Les,

I appreciate your message and offer to help / support / solve.

the fault has long been identified and is a switch problem in the main “open reach” connection box a hundred yards from my house. It requires a specially trained engineer (N23 qualified). They just can’t schedule the work…??

I note your comments on this forum not being a ranting platform. My apologies, I am just so desperate that I am trying to get attention from anywhere I can get it. Was hoping that maybe someone here knew how to escalate/ get the right and fair attention and service.

thanks again! 

Message 6 of 8

I've noticed a few posts on here recently from people who have escalated their complaint straight to the CEO but hopefully your problem can be resolved without such drastic action.

The moderators on this site are all BT employees and maybe one of them can assist ( @SeanD ?)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @FrankS911,

Thanks for taking the time to join the Community and post about your fault.

I am so sorry that we haven't been able to get your fault fixed. I would like to get my team to pick this up and find out what's happening for you. I can't promise that we can get it fixed sooner but I can promise that we'll do everything we can to help you and keep you up to date. I've sent you a private message.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

N23 is an abbreviation Openreach use for November 23rd.

Thats most likely the date it’ll be fixed mate.

0 Ratings