cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 64

Re: No internet

Go to solution

Well, we have decided to give BT 2 more days to sort this debacle out and then we will (providing they state in writing that I can terminate the contract without penalty) be cancelling and going to SKY.

My only concern is the fact that the OpenReach engineer disconnected our existing connection so will we have to have them come back out to reconnect it or when we start with SKY will they send an engineer to do it ? (we already have a SKY dish on the house from the last time we were with them).

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 64

Go to solution

If you got rubbish speeds with TalkTalk, it will be the same with Sky, as they both use the same Openreach network.

Check to see what is available to your house.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Please edit out your phone number before you post the result, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

Message 23 of 64

Go to solution

This is all I get from that:

"There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line"

When I say rubbish speeds I was getting 30-40 Mbps which isn't bad I suppose but was hoping for more as my daughter streams a lot of video etc.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 64

Go to solution

@WelshDave 

Use the address option. I would have thought that Sky could also offer FTTP & might be a bit more proactive in getting OR to sort the issue, rather than BT's laissez-faire. But give the Mods a chance, they're usually pretty good at getting the appropriate **bleep** kicked into gear.

Message 25 of 64

Go to solution

Hope this helps:

BT CHECK.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 64

Go to solution

@WelshDavewrote:

Well, we have decided to give BT 2 more days to sort this debacle out and then we will (providing they state in writing that I can terminate the contract without penalty) be cancelling and going to SKY.

My only concern is the fact that the OpenReach engineer disconnected our existing connection so will we have to have them come back out to reconnect it or when we start with SKY will they send an engineer to do it ? (we already have a SKY dish on the house from the last time we were with them).

There is no contract to terminate as the service hasn't been provided yet.

You mentioned a broken cable in your first post which makes me think as a last resort the engineer may have attempted to use the copper cable in the duct to pull through the fibre to install the service and it broke. I could be totally wrong but would explain how your copper service no longer works.

If (and I stress IF) this is the case you will still be waiting for civils to come out  and moving to a different provider will push you down the queue.

I fully reaise this is so frustrating for you and your family and the automatic compensation doesn't solve the problem but moving could just delay a resolution.

As I said above, I could be totally wrong but it does tie in to your predicament. I'll see if a mod can get the civils sorted for you. It may take a couple of days for them to reply once they have your details but will take ownership of your case until resolved.

Message 27 of 64

Go to solution

HI Pippin and thanks for taking the time to reply.

I just got off the phone with BT and a very nice Scottish lass called OpenReach to get an update.  She verified that this ahs been classed a priority "welfare" case due to their being a vulnerable child and vulnerable adult in the house but said that all she could really get out of OpenReach was it would be reviewed and updated on July 7th.

I also didn't think there was a contract in place based on the fact that services have not been provided but she disagreed and said we must give them "reasonable time to get things working".

That makes total sense regarding the copper cable, its just a shame the original engineer didn't do something to remedy that before leaving.

If someone could step in and help we would be very grateful, it has been a difficult couple of weeks with no end in sight..

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 64

Go to solution

Hi @WelshDave 

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you're having with your internet. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thank you

MandyF

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 64

Go to solution

Hi mandy,

Many thanks for looking into this.

I have messaged you the details of the problem and the information you need.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 64

Go to solution

There you go Dave, no more frustrating calls to BT. As I said, it will take a couple of days for the mods to get back to you, just wait for them.

BTW the Scottish lass can disagree as much as she wants, your contract doesn't start until install is complete.  Your compensation does  though (the mod will confirm and sort that out for you).