cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 64

Re: No internet

Go to solution

Just so that you are aware why I posted message 15 about the moderators.

I checked with the moderators regarding them dealing with FTTP problems and I was informed "we can raise faults and send engineers for FTTP lines.  It's still best to point customers reporting delayed provisions to the FTTP connections team as they're the experts"  and as your problem appears to be about a delayed provision because it has never worked, it appears to me that it is the "experts" at the FTTP Team who should be sorting this out

Message 32 of 64

Go to solution

I can already feel my stress level improving my friend!

Many thanks for all your help

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 64

Go to solution

@gg30340   I beg to differ although I can see your point. It is a civils issue, not exactly FTTP provisioning and if I'm correct (big if) about the engineer trying to use the copper cable to pull the fibre through then the OP would still be facing the same problem for FTTC provision.

We need more direction fron @SeanD  about where the line is drawn. It's over 2 years now where I suggested the mod team be trained to deal with FTTP issues.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 64

Go to solution

Looks like we have another chapter in this never ending (needs to end soon!) story as I just received this notification this morning:

"DPD

We will deliver your BT parcel Today 1sy July 2022"

Who wants to bet that this is ANOTHER 4G router!!  Oh well I guess I can have one in the Living Rm and one in the bedroom LOL!

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 64

Go to solution
And yes it was another 4G router! I now have two of these things and they are almost useless as there is such poor 4G signal at my house.
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 64

Go to solution

Hi @WelshDave,

Thank you for sending in your details. I'm sorry your order has been delayed. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to your today.

What @gg30340 has said is correct. The best team to deal with FTTP delays is the FTTP team. The moderation team will work with that team to provide an update and help move those cases along when no progress has been made.

Looking at the details of your case I can see that your case has been escalated with Civils and Openreach waiting for an update from them. With it being the weekend it will likely be Monday before there is an update.

I'll keep an eye on your case and I'll get back in touch with you on Monday with an update.

Once again, please accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 37 of 64

Go to solution

Hi Paddy

Many thanks for getting in touch.  I have very poor mobile signal where I live so when I tried to answer the call it dropped instantly unfortunately

Iam hoping this can be resolved as soon as possible as it is causing a lot of hardship in our house at the moment

Look forward to hearing from you on Monday

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 64

Go to solution

I wouldn’t expect the work to be done any time soon mate… I was waiting 6 months for FTTP installation because of a congested/blocked duct!  You will get compensation after your FTTP is activated (I did, over £750) but in the mean time it’s a waiting game and phoning the FTTP team every week to chase Openreach to do the work.  As other’s have said there’s no point cancelling now as you’ll start all over again from scratch.  Hope you get it sorted soon.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 64

Go to solution

I really don't know what my family will do it if takes six months to fix this.  Due to the health problems my daughter and wife have and the need to have access to a phone line we will probably have to move house.

I'm sorry to hear your problem took so long to fix

Best Wishes

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 64

Go to solution

There are always doom sayers on forums. People usually don't come onto a forum to post that they had a problem resolved quickly. 

Hopefully it will be fixed relatively soon and it will I suspect be fixed a lot quicker than the time it would take you to move house.

0 Ratings