cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: No service at present - can't find a way to speak to a human at BT

If a fault has been detected and Openreach have been tasked to investigate, then actually speaking to BT doesn’t achieve anything , unless you suspect your account has been ceased , if you suspect an error by Openreach has disconnected your line , the fault report already raised is necessary to sort it out , there is no insight BT could offer and no way to expedite the repair because of it .
Faults happen , Openreach get something like 30p a day ‘rental’ , so fixing within 2-3 working days ( the day of the report doesn’t count ) is by any measure a pretty good deal , it could get fixed quicker , the 30th will be when compensation starts .
Message 12 of 14

I would have just asked them to check everything about my account is fine (other than having no service).
I tried the wall socket, there's no line.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

It's the "account has been ceased" bit I was worried about. Plus a genuine question about how to speak to someone. In this case it would have put my mind at rest that it is a fault with the service and not that my service had been disconnected for an unknown reason.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

More likely just a break in the network, it its overhead, then that is more likely. If not, a break in the cabinet perhaps?