cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

No show engineers, no internet.Rubbish company.Pulling my hair out.Advice needed.

Hi all,

This is a bit long winded as we're in our 7th week with no internet now so bare with me.

We ordered the 900mbps on the 9th March and was given an install (inside the property) date of 5th April. About a week before the 5th April a surveyor came out and said they had to run ducting under the garden, no problem but never heard anything else from that point. So the morning of the 5th April comes and I haven't heard a thing from BT which I found strange so I phoned them and was told your exterior engineer visit is for the 13th April, thanks a lot for letting me know!! 

Soooo, the 13th April comes and nothing. So I opened a complaint up, I'm not sure when I opened the complaint it might have been on the 13th or a day or 2 after. Anyway, I've been given so many dates since then and every single date has come and gone with absolutely nobody turning up and nobody letting us know why until we phone BT.

I still don't actually know why nobody has turned up but each time we phone our case manager just gives a new date and says your case has been escalated. Yesterday was the latest date and guess what? Nothing!

What's worse is that we saw an engineer outside the house 3 days ago and rushed out to greet him with open arms but he was for my nextdoor neighbour who had ordered his broadband through sky less than a week before!

Anyway we're at our wits end. I'd love to cancel but am worried that if I do we will have to start this nonsense all over again or wait at least 3 weeks with another company.

I genuinely believe that the engineers might be turning up, not fancy the work involved and then leaving as I've heard so many stories like that. I don't know.

The complaint I put in has had absolutely no effect so it proves how pointless that is and all I keep getting fed is "provisional date this and provisional date that". Clever wording so they can get away with it I suppose. 

I really hate the thought of rewarding a dire company like this with my money every month but I just need the broadband. The kids are struggling without it (1st world problems I know but hey ho), I was halfway through building a website for my small painting business and my partner can't work from home when she needs too now.

I just don't get the hold up and we're being told absolutely nothing apart from a pack of lies or if they are not lies then BT need to seriously get a hold of openreach or whoever and however it works and sort them out because I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Anyway rant over and if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Im absolutely disgusted with this firm and wish I'd gone somewhere else from the start.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: No show engineers, no internet.Rubbish company.Pulling my hair out.Advice needed.

Hi.  I’m not surprised at all to be honest!  I ordered full fibre 900 on the 18th December 2021 and it’s still not been installed yet😂. I’ve had all the same waffle, the mybt app says installation booked then it keeps changing etc.  I’ve come not to believe any date given and decided not to let it bother me anymore.  I would ring up the fibre team every month and ask for a bill credit every tine they miss an appointment.  I’ve done this 4 times and gotten £50 Bill credit so when it is actually installed next week I’ve been guaranteed by the openreach engineer I’ll basically be getting 4 months free internet.  Anyway, don’t give up hope and get them to send you a FREE 4g dongle with unlimited data add use that for your internet.  They posted mine out the next day and it’s good if you need internet. 

Message 3 of 18

Re: No show engineers, no internet.Rubbish company.Pulling my hair out.Advice needed.

Hi there, Thanks for the response.
18th Dec?? WOW. I thought we was being crapped on. Sorry to hear that. The next date we've been given is Monday so I honestly think if nothing happens then I'm going to cancel. Sorry I should have mentioned that we have been given a dongle. It keeps cutting off at least once a day so need to keep resetting it but at least its something I suppose. Not enough for the Mrs to work from home but at least is ok for stuff like a bit of surfing.
What makes it even more infuriating is that on the day I ordered the lady who took the order told me to make sure I cancelled my existing isp for the 5th April so that's what I done.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Yeah, been there done that😀 was told to cancel virgin broadband so I left it until a week after bt were supposed to install but didn’t. Then trying to get virgin to not cancel and reactivate was hell and they cut us off but not even on the correct date 🤣🤣. I’ve been through it all!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Think that is bad lol??  Openreach still say they can't do my work because of non access, but little do they know, it's already finished!  Called up today to find out when they were going to complete cable to inside ONT, but, according to them, nothing has started? lol, but all external work was completed days ago!!!  Hell, I spoke to, and watched the guys doing it.

**bleep** show of a farce lmao!  Reel of cable in stair all waiting to be wired in, think I'll connect it myself lol, be much quicker!

I've demanded a hub with sim off them, which they are now sending out, to tide me over the next 6 weeks till they decide who has done what, and when.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

I’ve just had openreach call me on Friday to guarantee that they’ll do external work to house on Tuesday 26th then they’ll return on Thursday 28th to do the inside work but when I look on the mybt app at the appointments it says the I need to reschedule the appointment on the 28th as they couldn’t gain access to property and it’s been missed.  
How can that be even possible when the date is in the future!!!  They really have no idea what’s going on between them.  It’s just a complete **bleep** up from start to finish.  
hopefully the openreach guy was correct and he’ll turn up on Tuesday and Thursday and I’ll finally be on their product😂😂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Unfortunately communication between isp’s and Openreach seems to be a problem. When I was having my FTTP installed via sky I often found myself ringing up and telling sky what was going on as they had not been informed by Openreach and the info on the sky systems was often several stages behind the actual status of the external work that had actually taken place on my property. But to be fair the installation engineers who did the work were good as gold and receptive to how I wanted the system installed.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

That is fair enough, and the engineers have done a great neat & tidy job of cabling, very professional.  Can't fault that. 

My line gets cut off today though, as 25th was the original install 'in house' date, and because I didn't require a landline at the time of order, this is going ahead today, aka, copper getting terminated from my FTTC connection.

Now, because no one knows what they are doing?, I'm going to be left without Internet, whenever they shut it off today?, and also all my TV services to boot 😉

Gonna be a lovely few weeks this, thanks BT!

I did call up about this concern a few days ago, and guy on phone tried to halt the disconnection, but it was too late, so now I'm going to be left with nothing, until they decide to come and finish off the installation, that they insist, hasn't started yet.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

New post as I cant edit...

You would think that a company who prides itself on 'communication' would be able to 'communicate' with it's third party workforce?, and be able to tell, that if an installation was not complete, then to not cut the customer off from any of his/hers ongoing services, leaving them high and dry ? 😉

We obviously haven't come that far in tech yet, I guess?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Here’s another laugh for you all.  Openreach engineer called me last Friday and said “I guarantee I’ll be out on Tuesday to do external work then I’ll return on Thursday to do internal work.”  Looked on the mybt app and it said appointment booked am on Thursday.  I thought yeah that’s good!   Looked again over weekend and guess what? It’s changed on the the app to say that the appointment is cancelled and the reason is they couldn’t contact the householder lol😂 but hang on there’s more to come… get a call from FTTP team today saying that openreach have cancelled the install because they spoke to my wife who cancelled the order!  NO THEY HAVE NOT IT’SA LIE!  So I tell FTTP team that’s not true and then openreach say they don’t know then and the engineer they spoke to said that’s the reason so tough and make another appointment!  Is this acceptable do people think after I’ve waited since the 18th December 2021 for this to be installed!   I’ll tell you what if they don’t do what they guaranteed this week I will cancel the whole deal and stay with Virgin.  I mean come in bt you call yourself a communications company but can’t even get me FTTP installed inside of 4 months🤨 between bt and openreach the service has been shocking

0 Ratings