cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Not getting guaranteed speed

Forgot to mention.

When my new package commenced on 2nd February I got the headline speed (150/30) for 10 days until the problem started on 13th February.

I also got the headline speed with my previous package (75/20).

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

The 3 hour Openreach engineer's visit

So an engineer came on Saturday and quickly confirmed what the previous ones said that there was no fault on the line.

Next he was on to first line support and they agreed he needed to speak to second line support.

Second line support agreed with the engineer's diagnosis and called BT wholesale who agreed that the problem was at their end and said that they would sort it in about 15 minutes. This was reported back to the engineer who was told to keep checking the speed and reboot the router after 20 minutes if no change.

He checked the speed, rebooted the router and the speed had changed....... down to 36!! They have put me on the basic fibre package! Not the upload though, that remains at 30.!

He then spent the rest of the 3 hours speaking to BT who said I was on the right package and he just needed to do more work on the line! 

He then got back to his second line support (different person this time) who couldn't get through to the BT people as their working day had ended. 

So I'm now on the basic speed (36) until someone at BT sorts it out. That depends on getting the right person at BT as the default position is the computer says I'm on the right package and the computer cannot be wrong. 

I've certainly witnessed an unbelievable level of incompetence from BT. There appears to be a culture where people are not believed. Within the organisation people are working in silos and there are rigid protocols where your level in the organisation dictates how much you can do and who you can communicate with. Nobody is allowed ownership of a problem and allowed to sort it out which leads to to frustrations for all concerned and is really antiquated and discredited way of working.

I when they'll manage to get my simple problem resolved? 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Hi, @cfor56 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed and I would like to apologise that this was not resolved when the engineer visited. I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings