cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

OPenReach Cable degrading

Hello,

2 years ago the OPenreach opele turned up to install fibre  for some reason needed to cable right around the house and conservatory in order to match the currency position of my TV and  broadband hub - odd that they did not use the copper one they were replacing. Nevertheless they are the experts.

But the thin cable has fallen off and is basically just sitting on my patio floor - how do i get it fixed and maybe get a more robust weather proof installation? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: OPenReach Cable degrading

Phone CS 03301234150 and report it and get openreach out to fix it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

A copper cable cannot conect to a fibre one without some kind of converter. Kind of defeats the need for FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks but I did not mean that the copper one should connect to the fibre one,  what I meant was  I was surprised that the same routing used by the copper could not be used by the fibre. 

Openreach installed a near 100 ft if cable right around the house whereas they could have just come in the front door.

0 Ratings