cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: On a Positive Note.

Go to solution

Typo correction. - I am now trying to put it back.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

I stll cannot get rid of the Hotspots,

I suspect that I cannot get rid of the hotspots because, so far, I cannot get rid of an old Account number that is front and centre when I log into MyBT as my current account can only be accessed via a drop down in billing that is just for billing.

I changed the ID to another email ID which instead of separating the ID for both Accounts it kept the accounts linked and changed both Accounts instead of one and now it won't let me change back to using my main email for MyBT ID as the link message to change back never arrives.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

The line is up and running and seems OK.

Thanks to a helpful lady at BT support, (named Cathy), we can now also access the correct MyBT Account Number.

After we gained access to the correct MyBT Account Number we have also theoretically managed to OPT OUT of BT Fon/BTWIFI X/etc and all of that rubbish which should be an OPT IN system and not an OPT OUT.  - (I say theoretically because it did not seem instant as it was still pumping out that rubbish).

Since we have gone back to the RT AX88u we do not know that the SH2 will get the message but presumably it will next time we plug it in.

The SH2 was generally OK: the wifi range was good, the ethernet performance seemed OK, the wifi speed was less good but we do not have many items on wifi and if the BT Fon etc. is off we may even consider using it. 

So it is many thanks to Cathy at BT Customer Services !

0 Ratings