cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Openreach FTTP database incorrect

Hello,

I'm after a bit of help / advise. I'm trying to get my Mum's broadband upgraded to FTTP but hitting an issue with the Openreach database.

My mums billing address references the house name, when you check the Openreach FTTP checker using the house name it says FTTP isn't available. If you use the checker and use the house number it says it is available.

I've reached out to BT Openreach via their online form and explained all of this and they helpfully replied and just said it was available and that I just need to place an order, but I can't...

If it was just broadband I'd just place a new order using the other address but we'd like to retain the existing landline number so that means an upgrade.

Just feel like I'm going around in circles and not making any progress.

Can anyone advise how to get around this issue?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach FTTP database incorrect

Is the error the same on RM's database? If not try this form:

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

That link is the form I filled out.

I gave the house name and explained what the issue was and they just said it was available and to place an order.

I've tried replying to the email they sent but don't know if they monitor replies.

I'm through at my Mum on Saturday, I might try phoning them and see if they can do anything with the billing address like change it to the one where FTTP is available and attack it that way.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

You didn't answer the RM question.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I've just checked the post code.

Only the house number shows up not the house name on the Royal Mail address finder.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Is the house name ‘ official ‘ , so all the relevant authorities refer to the house name ( so council tax , utilities, Royal Mail etc all show the house name ) if the house name is ‘unofficial’  and something done without notifying the relevant bodies ( like calling a house Dunroaming as a laugh ) then getting an upgrade may be tricky …if your BT bill references the unofficial house name and the correct house number entry also exists, you would probably need an ORDI ( Openreach data integrity ) to try to remove your unofficial house name entry and associated your BT bill with the official house number address .
Alternatively you order FTTP ( with no telephony ) to the house number address on file , and when it’s in and working , port the number to a VoIP provider ( and get the appropriate ATA equipment ) , this closes the account with the house name on it  , it’s not as convenient as an upgrade but should work .

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Historically trying to find someone in a BT call centre who even knew what an ORDI is was problematic. The forum Moderators have assisted in the past, but as they are no more that avenue is probably closed.

The notion of removing the made up name from the BT account may help, but even if it does, it will probably take some time for that to filter through to OR. But certainly worth a try. Maybe in tandem raise another form with OR specifically referencing ORDI, & that the two entries need to be merged. Also mention that the house name doesn't appear on the RM database. Just maybe, using a term that they recognise will get you through to someone who can actually help.

Might also be worth looking up the UPRN for the address & see if that's duplicated, & include those details to OR.

0 Ratings