cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Openreach - Lights on but can’t order

Go to solution

I’ll try them again tomorrow. 

Back on the technical side of things - What’s going on behind the scenes when the PON light is solid green? My understanding of this is that the line is synced and that the exchange sees my modem; so it’s technically ready for service - is that right?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

I know of a new build site, where the house and plot numbers were mismatched , however , as in your case the network was ready for service ( solid green  PON light ) and the occupant really only needed to advise the ISP of the ONT serial number , that’s all that is really needed to identify that individual service , and service was activated without a  further Openreach visit.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution
That makes a lot of sense. I did try that route already but perhaps armed with the FTTP number I’ll have more luck

I’ve read some threads that ended up being a capacity problem - ie the exchange didn’t have the capacity to service that property. Does the solid green PON light rule that out as the cause?
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Yes it rules out any sort of capacity issue….the solid green PON  light  means the ONT and OLT ( also called the headend ) are ‘talking’ to each other, and the ONT is authenticated on the network ( PON) ….AFAIK, the issue is when ( probably before you moved in )  OR fitted the ONT etc. and ‘commissioned’ it, it was against the mismatched plot /house number info…your  ISP, when they  try to allocate the address it to themselves  using the house number ,  the mismatched plot/house info throws out an error, are you aware of any addressing errors on your street ?.

If some of your close by neighbours ( off the same CBT as you ) are already working then it should be relatively easy to fix, if you are the first customer on the CBT or even the whole PON it could be a little more complex, but physically no more work is required , it’s just sorting out records and a few strokes on a keyboard.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the explanation, that's handy to know. I have managed to get through to the fibre team now, who took some details and sent off a form - no magic option of ordering though

Not aware of any addressing issues on the street no,  and Royal Mail etc details are correct (we get letters and deliveries!)

For now it's just back to the waiting game. I'll update this if I get anywhere.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the help with this - it’s finally resolved 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@lsof989 How exactly did you get this resolved? 

I am having a very similar issue - my install was completed on the 14th with no job pack ( due to site delays), and i duly signed up with BT and placed the order , only to be told i couldn't be connected until the 29th due to missing infrastructure...

Fast forward to this morning, engineer called round to double check my PON light was now solid as he had completed the job pack and told me everything was now good to go.  

Called BT to get the activation date brought forward, but openreach are still saying there is missing infrastructure and need to wait until the 29th!! BT checked, serial number is correctly logged (and verified against my address), got Openreach to run a test on the line - which they said it failed - guess what, due to missing infrastructure!?! PON light solid green, engineer on site verified all live and connected, ready to go.... but back office still saying its not connected. What on earth do i have to do to actually get connected! 

tempted to cancel and order a Starlink at this point! 🤣 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

@DJ1203 ha I also started looking at Starlink!

sounds quite similar scenario albeit I wasn’t able to place an order at all 

our address just “wasn’t set on the back end”

I found who our local coordinator was at Openreach via my builder and to their credit they came through after a few weeks but it took a lot of chasing and then eventually I noticed it was available to order 

Openreach turned up to do the “official” install after it was turned on and just closed down the job on their side after taking a quick look and seeing all was well

hope you get it sorted, it was really frustrating- just lost in the system, plus I work from home so an added hassle!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

My plan of attack for tomorrow is to accost an open reach engineer, drag him into my house and get him to phone the back office whilst I am there to try and ensure everything gets sorted.... fingers crossed a) i can find one and b) it works! 

So infuriating, I too am working from home on a little 4g hub and with the kids off at half term, as soon as they go on youtube/tiktok etc my connection just dies! 

0 Ratings