cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Openreach address database issues

Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I'm moving into a new-build property with FTTP supplied by Openreach (modem with serial number confirmed, solid green PON), and am looking to order broadband and landline with BT. Unfortunately, it looks like Openreach have messed up inputting addresses onto their database, such that I am unable to find my correct address despite the fact that there are some make-believe addresses at my postcode that are suspiciously similar (think XXX Crescent, which exists next door at a neighbouring postcode, rather than XXX Street - even though the majority of the addresses at the postcode are input correctly as XXX Street!). I am thus unable to complete an order.

My questions are threefold:

1) How can I get Openreach to correct this? I'm currently being bounced around their teams with very little response - I do have a case number with their "FTTP new sites escalations team" but have yet to actually hear from them.

2) Can BT assist with this in any way, or are they wholly dependent on Openreach correcting their addresses beforehand?

3) Do I have a hamster's chance in hell to sort this out in ten days (half of which are weekend)? Or should I be spending my time researching short-term alternatives rather than pulling my hair out?

Thank you in advance to everybody who's able to offer insight / replies.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Openreach address database issues

Go to solution

Does the post office have your address correct?  If not that would need to be updated first. Then it would be a matter of BT requseting an ORDI  (Openreach Data Integrty) check. Normally takes about 10 days.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If the Openreach ONT PON light is steady green, then regardless of the address data the connection is ready to go…,the BT FTTP team should be able to use the serial number of the ONT to arrange BT service, you could search the forum for their contact number.

As far as the address being wrong in ISP’s lists of addresses ( which in itself is based on the Post Office data set ) , I know of an example where the developer , after advising the relevant party’s , the relationship between plot numbers and the final house/street numbers , deleted a plot so the house numbers were 1 number out , ( so as a example, plot 15 instead of being house No.30 , became House No29 , causing confusion)  and another where at a tee junction within the development  , where two different road names intersected, the developer presumably tweaked their plans , and although the front door and garage  faced onto one road and this was the address it was to be known by, the builder inexplicably named it after the other road that the side of the house faced, so the addresses being messed up may be the result of the builder not doing as they originally indicated, but as said, the S/N of the ONT should be discoverable, and should be sufficient to get service started, ordering on line may be impossible until records are corrected , and the regular customer services may struggle, but the appropriate team should be able to raise an order for you.

If a router needs to be delivered , the delivery person may have some head scratching before identifying your property ….quite often on new builds, especially those moving in in the first phase, put an address sign in the window as the developer hasn’t yet put up street signs, and the buildings only have ( at best ) a sign with the plot numbers on them.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you both very much for your prompt replies, and for pointing me in the correct direction.

I've managed to get an order sorted based on the serial number of the ONT, and steps are being taken by BT to correct the address on Openreach records. Thank you to Gavin and Lisa for their assistance over the phone!